Our walk-in campground creates a safe, peaceful environment for a truly unique camping experience.
Updated June 4, 2020: We are no longer able to offer tent, bedding, or other camping gear rentals due to county restrictions.
A common question we receive from our campers: “Why can’t we drive our car to our campsite?”
It’s a fair question. We understand many campgrounds allow you to drive up and park at your campsite. When we were designing the layout of the campgrounds at Mount Baker Farm, we envisioned a safe, peaceful atmosphere for adults and children, alike. We made the decision to create a walk-in campground to provide our guests with a more serene experience.
It may sound cheesy, but if you’ve been lucky enough to stay with us, you’ve most likely experienced the fruit of our labors. There’s really nothing like the light filtering through the trees as the sun goes down; the sound and sights of children and families laughing and exploring our property on foot or on bikes – all without the burden of having to watch out for cars.
“I have to admit we weren’t quite sure about hauling all our camping gear in,” says guest Ashley S. “But it didn’t take us long to realize it was worth it. The campground was peaceful and quiet.”
Here’s what you need to know about our “walk-in” experience.
- When you first arrive you’ll park at the Check-in area and enter the lobby.
- We offer complimentary hand carts for ease of hauling your gear to your site. Just remember to return the cart when you’re finished so other guests can use them.
- We have 10 dock carts available that hold up to 400 pounds, and 10 wagons.
- After you’ve unloaded your gear you’ll move your car to our designated parking area.
- If you’d like to request a campsite closer to the lobby and drop-off area, take a look at our online map and call us when you make your reservation.
Let us know if you have any question by contacting us by phone or email.